Sunday, January 23, 2011

Meet Rachel Brimble . . . and Lisa Cavendish

On this bitterly cold Western New York Sunday morning, Wild Woman Kane's Blog welcomes from the UK Rachel Brimble, author of "Transatlantic Loving", one of the Class of '85 reunion attendees. And . . . to make the visit even more interesting, Rachel brought Lisa Cavendish with her!

First, a bit about Transatlantic Loving. . .

In a desperate bid to escape the bitter reality of her children accepting her ex-husband’s new – and younger – fiancĂ©e, Lisa Cavendish travels from the UK to accompany her friend to a high school reunion. Forced to dress as Madonna in her hey day, the last thing she expects is to fall in love with the school’s coach, who seems to hold as much regard for his child as her ex did when he walked out…

Aaron Taylor can’t believe his eyes or ears when he is introduced to Lisa – sexy and funny, she has no idea how her accent enhances the heartbreaking wait he endures waiting for his daughter to call him back to the UK. But after spending just three short weeks with Lisa, he sees the answer to his pain in the eyes of the most phenomenal British lady he has ever met…

Meet Lisa Cavendish . . .

Where are you from originally? I am from the wonderful country village of Castle Coombe in Southwest England. It is ancient in its beauty and history. People come from all over the world to visit Castle Coombe. You can find it on the web if you want a sneaky peek, here’s a link: http://sites.google.com/site/castlecombewiltshire/

What is Transatlantic Loving about? How I met the man who has become the love of my life. I was dragged thousands of miles around the world to my friend’s twenty-five year high school reunion in America. I must admit Summerville, New York is a beautiful place and where I met the man who has changed my life. The hunk of love’s name is Aaron Taylor, soccer coach and general all-round good guy.

What did you think the first time you saw Aaron? “Oh. My.God” in a vagina clenching kind of way.

What was your second thought? Well, a second later he spoke to me and the urge to lick his slightly turned in front tooth rushed through my blood. You’ll glad to know I managed to control myself but still, what is that about? Don’t answer that. I don’t know either.

Did you think it was love at first sight? I’m far too jaded to think love at first sight – lust, most certainly. But then again, I knew within two weeks of knowing Aaron, I was falling for him. Big time.

What do you like most about him? His passion – he’s passionate about everything. Me, his daughter, the kids at the school where he teaches, the right and wrong way to do things. You can’t help but get caught up by his enthusiasm – and goodness. He’s a good…and sexy bloke.

How would you describe Aaron? Mmm…tall, dark, handsome with emerald green eyes, glossy black hair and an athlete’s body. Kind, funny, caring…sexy, edible. Oh, lord, stop me now!

How would he describe you? Ha ha! A pain in the backside, I suspect! He says I’m sexy, he’s says I’m funny but the best thing he says is that I love my kids more than anything. It’s true but Aaron comes a close second, believe me.

What made you choose working in an insurance company as a career?
It wasn’t so much of a choice as a ‘needs must’ scenario. I stayed home full-time with my two daughters until the youngest reached went to secondary school and then my…ex-husband decided it wouldn’t hurt for me to get a job. So I went back to what I did before I became pregnant. Part-time. The kids come first.

What is your biggest fear? Losing my kids and Aaron lying to me

How do you relax? Now Aaron and I are back in the UK, we spend as much as time as possible with his young daughter, Merissa. We both adore her so much and Aaron is really building bridges with his ex-wife, which is fantastic. And when we’re alone? Well, let’s just say there are advantages to having teenagers who spend a lot of time away from the house…

What's your favorite fictional character and why? I’m sure a lot of women would say the same but for me, it has to be Scarlett O’Hara. She reminds me of myself in that she took her surroundings for granted, assumed her life would always be the same but when the worst happened, she turned things around, faced her problems and ultimately grew up!

What is the best piece of advice you ever received? When my best friend, Courtney told me I need to loosen up – I did, and I fell in love, let the bitterness toward my ex go and starting living for the moment. It’s a great life!

To the author: What movies or books have had an impact on you?
So many! I love When A Man Loves A Woman and Message in a Bottle – I think they are both the ultimate in romance and pursuing a relationship that will be tested and stretched. Great, great movies.
As for books? I read far too much to name just one or two but the writers that have had an massive impact on my own desire to write are Nora Roberts, Jodi Picoult, Jilly Cooper and Marian Keyes.


For purchase information on this and Rachel’s other WRP stories, go to: www.thewildrosepress.com

Thank you so much Rachel, and Lisa, for spending time with us at Wild Woman Kane’s blogspot
Mal

6 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    Lisa is hilarious as always, and obviously still crazy about Aaron. It was a hoot reading her interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed catching up with Lisa, Jannine! She is SO flattered that Mallory wanted to talk to her - she feels like a celebrity, LOL!

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Lisa, where were you when I was in high school? I needed a BFF like you then! Great to see you here!

    Sharon Buchbinder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would have loved to have spent some time with you too, Sharon! Wonder what sort of trouble we would have gotten into! Thanks for stopping by.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel,

    Loved Lisa and Aaron in the book, loved Lisa in the interview. She is so. . .honest.

    So glad they have found their own happily ever after.

    Margo Hoornstra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margo,

    Thank you so much for buying Transatlantic Loving, I get such a thrill from speaking to people who have read my book. Isn't Lisa great? She's like my new best friend!

    R x

    ReplyDelete